Basic skin care tips that everyone should follow
Good skincare varies from person to person. It largely depends on your skin type. Some need more attention, some do not. Your skin type dictates how intensive your skincare may be. Regardless of this, Blogging Villa is here to provide tips that everybody needs and can apply in their daily routine.
Regardless of this, here are skin care tips that everybody needs to apply daily:
- Always wear sunscreen A common misconception about sunscreen is that you only have to wear it when the sun is particularly hot. This is not true; even on a cloudy day, your skin still needs protection from UV rays. Wearing sunscreen helps slow down skin ageing. It also prevents sunburn, which is a leading cause of skin cancer.
- Eat a healthy diet Research shows that eating nutritious food improves skin conditions. Fruits and vegetables are easy to include in your diet; these contain antioxidants that protect your skin. Maintaining a good diet that is rich in Vitamin C also helps produce collagen.
- Minimize stress in your life Our nervous systems are quite intuitive; when feeling stressed, it releases stress hormones into your body. It results in cell glands producing more oil. Oily skin can lead to acne breakouts.
- Use skin care products that suit your skin One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to skincare products. Certain products may help some people while it causes breakouts in others. The key is knowing your skin type and searching for products that only include ingredients that will help.
What are the most common skin types?
- Normal skin – This type of skin requires the least amount of skincare to maintain it. It is well-balanced; not too dry or oily. It is not overly sensitive and has little to no imperfections.
- Dry skin – One’s skin can look dull and blotchy when you have a dry skin type. It is commonly characterized as feeling rough and tight. Dry skin produces less sebum; it lacks the lipids to produce moisture and protection from external influences.
- Oily skin – A skin that has a glossy shine is considered to be oily skin. It can feel greasy and you will be more prone to breakouts. Opposite to dry skin, oily skin produces more sebum. It helps protect and moisturize your skin. Oily skin is often related to genetic and/or hormonal causes but there are a variety of factors that can cause oily skin.
- Combination skin – As the name suggests, a combination skin type means your skin has areas that are dry as well as oily. The commonly oily area is the T-bone (forehead, nose, and chin) while the cheeks are usually dry.
When trying to decide what skincare product to use, also remember that skin types can also vary depending on your ethnicity. A lot of products are geared towards fair-skinned people.
As an example, most Indian skins are prone to skin pigmentation. The most common is under eye circles and pigmentation around the mouth. Environmental factors in India such as pollution, humidity, and UV exposure also affect the skin. You have to keep these in mind in choosing what products to use.
About Blogging Villa
Our team, based in India built Blogging Villa to help bloggers. We offer our resources so they could build their network and establish their credibility. We cover a wide range of topics including skincare.